1. wneill
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. Wednesday, 24 May 2023
  4.  Subscribe via email
Ciaran, I have installed MANY of your templates over the past few years with no trouble. But yesterday I purchased and downloaded the Everly template, got through the installation process (demo installer), then got a 500 error when I tried to view the front end. On the /administrator page, I type in my login info, then get "JAuthentication: :authenticate: Failed to load plugin:" Here is what I have tried:
- Checked the configuration.php to make sure the database name, username, password and db prefix are correct.
- Redownloaded the Everly template.
- Created a new database, user and password in MySQL databases and once again made sure the configuration.php was correct after going through installation again.
- Removed all files in file manager and reinstalled, several times.

The URL is https://wildernesscounselingnwa.com. My host server is using PHP 8.1. I'm using the Joomla 4 version of the Everly template that I downloaded just yesterday.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello

May I suggest sending temporary administration access to your Joomla installation to info@joomla51.com and we will examine this issue further. For our reference please paste a link to this post in your email.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I am unable to give you a login because I can't log in, so having one wouldn't get you past the login screen anyway. As soon as I hit "login", i get the "JAuthentication: :authenticate: Failed to load plugin:" See attached. Can you please test your Everly template demo installer?
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hello

I have just updated to the latest Joomla version and rebuilt the demo installer for this template which should hopefully resolve this issue. To obtain simply re-download from your template downloads.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I was never able to get the demo installer to work. My host discovered an error in the logs that said the file templates/system/incompatible.html didn't exist. It was in the installer, but for some reason, the templates/system folder on the server after installation was empty. This even happened when I tried installing Layla instead of Everly. I made sure I wasn't out of server space.

Anyway, I decided to just install Joomla, then to install the template and that worked. But let me know if you know what caused the above issue because there is a chance it will happen on my next site install.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!