1. wneill
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. Wednesday, 24 May 2023
  4.  Subscribe via email
Ciaran, I have installed MANY of your templates over the past few years with no trouble. But yesterday I purchased and downloaded the Everly template, got through the installation process (demo installer), then got a 500 error when I tried to view the front end. On the /administrator page, I type in my login info, then get "JAuthentication: :authenticate: Failed to load plugin:" Here is what I have tried:
- Checked the configuration.php to make sure the database name, username, password and db prefix are correct.
- Redownloaded the Everly template.
- Created a new database, user and password in MySQL databases and once again made sure the configuration.php was correct after going through installation again.
- Removed all files in file manager and reinstalled, several times.

The URL is https://wildernesscounselingnwa.com. My host server is using PHP 8.1. I'm using the Joomla 4 version of the Everly template that I downloaded just yesterday.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello

May I suggest sending temporary administration access to your Joomla installation to info@joomla51.com and we will examine this issue further. For our reference please paste a link to this post in your email.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I am unable to give you a login because I can't log in, so having one wouldn't get you past the login screen anyway. As soon as I hit "login", i get the "JAuthentication: :authenticate: Failed to load plugin:" See attached. Can you please test your Everly template demo installer?
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hello

I have just updated to the latest Joomla version and rebuilt the demo installer for this template which should hopefully resolve this issue. To obtain simply re-download from your template downloads.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I was never able to get the demo installer to work. My host discovered an error in the logs that said the file templates/system/incompatible.html didn't exist. It was in the installer, but for some reason, the templates/system folder on the server after installation was empty. This even happened when I tried installing Layla instead of Everly. I made sure I wasn't out of server space.

Anyway, I decided to just install Joomla, then to install the template and that worked. But let me know if you know what caused the above issue because there is a chance it will happen on my next site install.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Join Our Newsletter

* indicates required
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, email, number, etc.) to any third party. Nor will we send you unsolicited email.
Joomla51 - Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Joomla51.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted by
Open Source Matters
the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok