1. eumel7
  2. Sherlock Holmes The Voice Notable Answerer
  3. Commercial Templates
  4. Thursday, 17 February 2022
  5.  Subscribe via email
Hello
I updated the template bianca J3 to J4.
1. There was a 500 error in the FE.
Just like in the following topic: https://www.joomla51.com/forum/j51-skylar-j4-not-completely-installing

If I delete the "html" folder and reinstall, the template works! does the Bianca template need an update from you?

2. As soon as I updated the module: j51_Icons to 2.0.17 in J3, an error message came up in the FE!
After the update to J4 the error/warning persists!!
Here is the link to the problem:
http://salonj4test.hausverwaltung-nitzsche.de/
(If I set "report errors" to standard in the J configuration, the warning is gone! I don't know if it needs to be reworked? or is that ok?)

(php version 7.4.x)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Thank you for reporting! :)

1. Would you happen to know which menu item type did you have this issue (eg.. Category blog, single article etc.)?

2. This issue should be resolved by simply opening your module settings and saving them. The latest version of the icons module has some extra settings that may be missing from your database.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Good Morning.
to 1. The first page was a "J51_Bianca - One Page Website" I can't say which menu type it is
I have now updated a second, different website to J4. also with BIANCA. Also there comes the 500 error message.
(by deleting the html folder and reinstalling the biance template, the 500 error is gone )
Here it was linked to the template styles: "J51_Bianca - Homepage" and J51_Bianca - Default". The main menu is standard on both sides. I haven't changed anything in the menus on the website.

To 2. OK. Saving EVERYONE! _icon modules fixes the warning !

3. NEW!: On the second website with Bianca, the J51_news MODUL and the j51_numbers MODUL are defective. (J_news version 3.0.12 J_ version 1.0.2 ) if I re-upload the exact same module version from the templates folder the error is also fixed!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hello

1. May I suggest sending temporary administration access to your Joomla installation to info@joomla51.com and we will examine this issue further. If you could also indicate a menu item where the issue occurs that would be great. For our reference please paste a link to this post in your email.

2. Nice. Thank you for the update!

3. THis issue was mentioned to us previously however at the time I was unable to replicate the problem. I will take another luck. Thank you for reporting.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
to 1.: I sent the access data via email...
But currently the error cannot be found. I fixed the error by deleting the "html" folder.
The error occurred on the entire site after the update to Bianca Template J4... No special menu item
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Thank you for the update.

Unfortunately, the override (html) folder can pose an issue for us when upgrading a template. The Joomla 3 version of the template contains overrides that should be removed for the Joomla 4 version to function correctly. We can delete this folder during the update process however this may not always be desired if a user has created their own custom overrides and wish to keep them when updating. We have been looking for a way around this however it is difficult to find a one fix for all solution.

In the meantime all we can suggest is to delete all non custom overrides prior to updating.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Join Our Newsletter

* indicates required
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, email, number, etc.) to any third party. Nor will we send you unsolicited email.
Joomla51 - Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Joomla51.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted by
Open Source Matters
the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok